Recycling of building insulation
Recycling and reuse of building insulation
Blown wool suction, transfer blasting and defibrating wool boards into blowing wool
We can high-vacuum reusable wool insulation and pack them in plastic bales for later, and blow them back either at the same destination or elsewhere.
The wool can also be moved from one floor to another on the same site, where it is vacuumed with one hose and blown in different spaces at the same time.
Similarly, wool boards can be collected or recycled at the site. They can be pushed into the EkoCollect container which crushes them into a blown wool. Immediate reuse is achieved with a defibrator blower. The wool boards are pushed into this blower which turns them immediately into blown wool. The wool can then be installed using the same blower.
These methods are useful when extra space is needed, but the existing insulation is not spoiled at all. For example, it is desirable to check the tightness of the vapor barrier plastic over a large area, like a building or apartment complex, or even a demolition site, but in this case the recycled wool has to have a recipient ready.
eco-collect® and building insulation recycling saves nature and money
Reusing building insulation is easy and profitable with the eco-collect® system developed by Eko-Expert.
Why take a fully functional insulation and take it to a dump, thus creating a burden on the environment?
Can these functional insulators not be reused? We and many customers believe they can be, and that it is worth it!
- The world's first recycling method for mineral wool - eco-collect® is now available from us
- An environmentally friendly, reliable, economical and easy way to recycle surplus mineral wool
- eco-collect is especially suitable for element- and house factories, construction companies and roofing contractors
How does eco-collect® work?
- Eko-Expert delivers the container(s) to the customer's destination, where the excess wool is placed in the container.
- When the container is full, Eko-Expert retrieves the full container and replaces it with an empty one.
- The surplus wool is fully recyclable, and doing so would make the construction project more ecological.
- Eko-Expert creates blown wool which can be used as insulation on construction sites.
- The blowing wool produced by Eko-Expert from wool surplus is VTT certified
- (CE marking is mandatory from July 1, 2013 on all blown mineral wool)
Benefits for eco-collect® customers
- The eco-friendliness of our own production is growing: The degree of recyclability is increasing significantly
- Cost effectiveness: No landfill fees or transportation costs
- The high capacity of the container minimizes the number of emptying times and allows operation over longer distances
- Surplus wool stays hidden in a closed container, which keeps the site / production area neat. Reduced space requirements for waste wool.
Interested in eco-collect®?
Contact us for more information.
Ilari Hirvensalo, puh. +358 40 900 7932
"Based on what I have seen I can say the job went well with
Eko-Expert in regards of LECA and blown wool."
Juha Nieminen – Hartela
"Our cooperation has gone great. The customer service
has been good and professional. The work was finished
on schedule and the quality of the product was as agreed."
Pasi Hamunen – Rakennuskartio Oy
"Things went ok."
Kari Keränen – Skanska
"We have been satisfied with Eko-Expert.
Nothing to comment on. The guys have always taken initiativive
in blowing wool. Everything has gone well."
Mikko Lehikoinen – Uudenmaan Rakennuspalvelu
"Everything went as we agreed. I have done many projects with them.
They will most likely provide wool for our current project as well."
Juha Karhu – Uudenmaan Mestari-Rakentajat Oy
"I have ordered wool from them many times."
Mika Rautio – Realco
"Everything went nicely."
Vesa Rantanen – Turun Teollisuuden Rakentajat Oy
"We have 12 detached or semi-detached houses here on our worksite.
All roofs were insulated with Eko-Expert's blown wool.
Everything went nicely according to plan."
Mika Peltonen – Hausia Oy
"Things have gone great, nothing bad to say.
Eko-Expert and the contact person have taken care of things well."
Matti Orela – Järvenpään Isännöintipalvelu Oy
"Eko-Expert has always worked well with us."
Hannu Laurento – Rakennus Oy Wareco